Tera Term with two BCM920737TAG boards

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiTo_1583836
Level 5
Level 5
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Does anyone experienced issue running two instances of Tera Term in parallel with two tag boards under test (generating logs)?

It sounds that we can look at only one session a time even if the tag boards are connected on two different COM ports.

There is an option in Tera Term to switch windows (under Window) to access the two logs session in progress, but it is only one session at a time. There is no option to get the logs side by side for some reason.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Vik86 and JT, thanks for the answer.

The problem has been reported to me, I did not get a chance to reproduce it. I only have the Broadcom Tag#2 and Broadcom Tag#3. With that environment in place I have no problem getting logs for both Tag boards at the same time. I believe the driver is the same for both boards (Tag#2 and Tag#3), so I don't see why we should not be able to get side by side logs with two Tag#3.

I'll check with my current contact to see if he saw an error message.

Thanks for testing!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello 79,

We have not tried two Tera Term sessions.

Let us try it here.

Thanks

JT

0 Likes
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

it should work , I've tried hello_client and hello_sensor on two teraterm sessions and see the logs for both together  . do you get any errors by teraterm, try opening a new connection for the different com port

0 Likes

Hi Vik86 and JT, thanks for the answer.

The problem has been reported to me, I did not get a chance to reproduce it. I only have the Broadcom Tag#2 and Broadcom Tag#3. With that environment in place I have no problem getting logs for both Tag boards at the same time. I believe the driver is the same for both boards (Tag#2 and Tag#3), so I don't see why we should not be able to get side by side logs with two Tag#3.

I'll check with my current contact to see if he saw an error message.

Thanks for testing!

0 Likes