Is there an API that can be used inside an FX3 device to put the device into Westbridge mode?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AlNa_1728166
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

I'm using an FX3 device with a second stage bootloader and it works fine. However, sometimes the flash image gets corrupted and bricks the device which will requires hardware changes to fix. I was wondering if there is an API that the second-stage bootloader can call when it detects that the flash image is corrupted to put the device into Westbridge mode.

Thanks

Ali Naddaf

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Ali,

You can refer to the following community thread which will guide you on how to update faulty firmware. If you have any issues kindly post your queries.

FX3 Boot / Firmware Update Best Practices

Thanks & Regards
Abhinav

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi Ali,

Please mention how are you planning to replace the corrupted flash image file with the new one.

Why do you want to put the device in westbridge mode?

Thanks & Regards
Abhinav

0 Likes

Hi Abhinav,

When a corrupt flash is detected, if I can put the device into Westbridge mode, I can use the Cypress Control Center software to write a new image into the flash.

Thanks,

Ali

0 Likes

Hello all,

Anyone, has an answer to my question? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Ali

0 Likes

Hi Ali,

You can refer to the following community thread which will guide you on how to update faulty firmware. If you have any issues kindly post your queries.

FX3 Boot / Firmware Update Best Practices

Thanks & Regards
Abhinav

0 Likes