How to detect Scan_request event?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Team

I am considering to develop an detecting algorithm using by Scan_Request event which has a BD_ADDR, although the BLE device is working on the Connectable undirected advertising event state.

Best Regards

Daniel

0 Likes
1 Solution

There is no callback for the scan request message.

The scan response is expected to be sent out almost immediately and so response is sent out automatically by the HW. Even if a callback was possible, the scan response would have been sent out many tens of microseconds before the callback can be invoked.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BoonT_56
Employee
Employee
500 likes received 250 likes received 100 likes received

Not sure i undrestand you correctly but for connectable undirected advertising, scan request is an allowable pdu.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for reply, my question is that how to get a callback event when the device receive the scan-request message from TX, and I know that this process will be done in Link layer.

0 Likes

There is no callback for the scan request message.

The scan response is expected to be sent out almost immediately and so response is sent out automatically by the HW. Even if a callback was possible, the scan response would have been sent out many tens of microseconds before the callback can be invoked.