I am making a BLE Module using CY8C6336BZI-BLF03, I have a few questions.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
YeJE_3763896
Level 1
Level 1
First like given Welcome!

Hello, I am making a BLE Module using CY8C6336BZI-BLF03, I have a few questions.

plz check the attached file first.

1. I am curious a features  of 0.1uF , 1uF.

2. Do I have need to use that at the same time?

3. If  capacitors are connected, Can I connect one part?

EX.  There are  Four 1uF( parallel connection). I will connect two 2uF. Can I do that?

Thank you for your time and prompt response.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Just notice a correction to my previous post --

0.1uF cap is responsible for filtering HIGH-freq noise, and 1uF is responsible for filtering LOW-freq noise.

Besides, 1uF cap provides aid to the supply to make sure the voltage does not charge/dip based on loads. It should be noted that both provide decoupling of noise but 1uF primarily focused on aiding supply based on loads whereas 0.1 primarily provides the noise filtering because of switching elements.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
ShipingW_81

Yes, you need 0.1uF&1uF decoupling caps for each power pin at the same time.

0.1uF cap is responsible for filtering low-freq noise(<10MHz), and 1uF is responsible for filtering high-freq noise(>20MHz).

The best practice is place both caps near the target power pin in layout. Each pin owns one set of caps.

If the layout space is restricted, adjacent power pins can share one common decoupling caps set.

ShipingW_81

Just notice a correction to my previous post --

0.1uF cap is responsible for filtering HIGH-freq noise, and 1uF is responsible for filtering LOW-freq noise.

Besides, 1uF cap provides aid to the supply to make sure the voltage does not charge/dip based on loads. It should be noted that both provide decoupling of noise but 1uF primarily focused on aiding supply based on loads whereas 0.1 primarily provides the noise filtering because of switching elements.

0 Likes