3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2018 12:23 AM by zhez

Usage for unused Power pins on LBWA1UZ1GC

dwebber1_3484381

Hello,

If I do not plan to use USB, Audio, RMII and SD do I have to connect their VDD pins to system power?

I want to reduce power consumption by not powering blocks that I do not plan to use.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Usage for unused Power pins on LBWA1UZ1GC
          mifo

Are you working with one of our Global Distributors that carry Murata?  I ask because they can provide all the necessary design files for the Murata 1GC and broker support questions and reviews relative to the design.

• 2. Re: Usage for unused Power pins on LBWA1UZ1GC
            dwebber1_3484381

Hi, I am an university student working on integrating this module into a design. I plan to buy the component off the shelf. My cypress contact said this was the best starting point for questions on the module.

Thanks!

• 3. Re: Usage for unused Power pins on LBWA1UZ1GC
              zhez

Hi:

below is the power supply description:

One core buck regulator, multiple LDO regulators, and a power management unit (PMU) are integrated into the CYW54907. All regulators are programmable via the PMU. These blocks simplify power supply design for application and WLAN functions in embedded designs.

A single VBAT (3.0V to 4.8V DC maximum) and VIO supply (1.8V to 3.3V) can be used, with all additional voltages being provided by the regulators in the CYW54907.

The CYW54907 provides a low power-consumption mode whereby the CBUCK, CLDO, and LNLDO regulators are shut down. When in this state, the low-power linear regulator (LPLDO1) supplied by the system VIO supply provides the CYW54907 with all required voltages.

So not suggest you to change the VDD supply , we may leave all the power control to PMU.

1 of 1 people found this helpful