Will there be a 20737E?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have found that communication between two 20737S is really limited to roughly 10-20m and I would hope to attach an antenna to it to

extend the range a little bit. Do you have plans to offer an 20737E in the future or are you offering one already?

I hope you can help,

Kilian

0 Likes
1 Solution

The BCM20736E is definitely available through distribution.  Here's one example: Broadcom BCM20736E, - Avnet Express

We do not do much in the way of promoting this device to our distributors since there is no support internally for a custom antenna design.

One thing we have discussed recently is creating a reference design using the BCM20736E, then supporting the antenna design (through the antenna manufacture) for that particular design.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
ShawnA_01
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

I was told the "E" version does exist and to order it, just replace the "S" in the part number with an "E".   Let us know your findings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So while Google and our favourite distributor don't know about it yet it will be there in the near future, until then we can try to verify the hardware design with the BCM20736E - sounds good to me.

0 Likes

The BCM20736E is definitely available through distribution.  Here's one example: Broadcom BCM20736E, - Avnet Express

We do not do much in the way of promoting this device to our distributors since there is no support internally for a custom antenna design.

One thing we have discussed recently is creating a reference design using the BCM20736E, then supporting the antenna design (through the antenna manufacture) for that particular design.

0 Likes

Note: Kilian originally wanted a 737E, but I think only the 736E was ever produced.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, a 20737E would simplify things for us. Especially because we are using the 20737S now and because

of the MESH networking and encryption features. I'm not sure whether you are going to offer anything like CSRMesh but blecm_setAdvDuringConnEnable() and blecm_enablescatternet() are important to us.

So do you have any plans to produce a 20737E ?

Regards,

Kilian

0 Likes

I am not aware of any plans to create a BCM20737E.