4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2018 4:03 AM by user_1305581

CY8C21434

user_1305581

Hi,

I used this microcontrollers for years into the same circuit. No problems. From some time I've some problems. Anyone can tell me if this lot  had problems?

Thank you

• 1. Re: CY8C21434
          rzzh

Is that an application problem or other problem?

Devices have been tested before delivered from factory to customers.

If you want to do some analysis of the silicon, kindly contact your cypress distributor or cypress sales. They can help you further.

Thanks,

Ryan

• 2. Re: CY8C21434
            user_331986238

Perhaps your external circuit depends on the timing of the device being in

a certain range - and no faster - and the processes have gotten faster?

It could also be something completely unrelated to the Cypress part, such

as Purchasing substituting parts, board contamination, a problem in the

test circuit, inappropriate use, ...

Have you tried swapping in an old Cypress part on a new board, or a new

Cypress part on an old board?

• 3. Re: CY8C21434
              user_1305581

The application is on using capacitive sensors with CSD module. External components and the PCB are always the same...

• 4. Re: CY8C21434
                user_1305581

In the attached picture you can see the symbol of a square in the lower right and then a "C". In some chips of the same type I only see the square: what is the difference?

Thanks