2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2018 6:34 AM by npruss_3742601

PSoC 4 L-Series Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-046) basics

npruss_3742601

Hello everyone,

recently at work I was tasked to write code to run three SPI buses on a PSoC board.  We bought PSoC 4 L-Series Pioneer Kit (CY8CKIT-046).

I have no embedded experience at all and I am trying to get up to speed asap.  So far I installed PSoC Creator 4.2 and found some examples with SPI bus:

CE224339_PSoC4_SPI_Master_DMA,

CE224463_PSoC4_SPI_Master_Interrupt,

CE224463_PSoC4_SPI_Master_Polling,

CE224463_PSoC4_SPI_Master_DMA,

DMA_SPI_PSo4.

DMA_SPI_PSo4 seems like something that I need.  It builds fine, but when I try to program the device I get "No Devices Detected" error message.

The device is connected to my laptop.  In fact, I can control my mouse with its sensor.  I wonder if the problem is that this example is configured and built

for a different target device.  When I open Device Selector I cannot find my device (CY8CKIT-046) in the list.  The same happens when I am trying to create a new project:

my device ID is not in the Target Device list.  Also, I do not know what to pick for the Target Module entry.

Please help!  I feel lost and I have lots of pressure to perform despite my lack of experience in this field.

Thank you!