6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2018 2:48 AM by PY_21

Query

I'm using psoc 4 ble kit.

I want to use the button on p2.7

I have defined it in the design

My queries are -

How do i access it?

What will be the values received when pressed and not pressed?

From which function do i get the output values of the button when pressed and not pressed?

• 1. Re: Query
          JoMe_264151

You should define your input pin as "Resistive pull up" with "initial drive state" high (1)

When the switch is pressed you will read with PinName_Read() API a zero (0) value.

Bob

• 2. Re: Query

Hello sir,

I have mentioned the switch as u mentioned

I tried a project where if the button is pressed it should print "BUTTON PRESSED" in uart , red led should glow and 1 should be notified in the cysmart app

If not pressed red led should not glow and 0 should be notified in the cysmart app

Don't know where I have gone wrong

I'm attaching the project

Please go through it

• 3. Re: Query
              JoMe_264151

Can you please post your complete project so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use

Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)

and attach the resulting file.

Bob

• 4. Re: Query
                PY_21

Hello,

Please refer the below modified project, in which when we enable the notify in CySmart App and if the button is pressed then 1 should be notified in the cysmart app, it will print "BUTTON PRESSED" in uart and red led will glow. If not pressed red led should not glow and 0 should be notified in the cysmart app.

If we stop the notify in CySmart App then no operation will happens.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.

• 5. Re: Query

Thank you sir

I have another doubt

The values sent 0 and 1 receive as strings or integers in the cysmart app or any another ble supported app?

Thanks,

Harshith

• 6. Re: Query
                    PY_21

Hello,

In the above attached project, the values sent 0 and 1 received as integers. We can send strings of data by changing the characteristic value type in the BLE Component as shown in attached image.

Thanks,

P Yugandhar.