How can I configure netkey and appkey on ClientControlMesh.exe?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KaRe_1495521
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Hello,

Following this guide, Cypress BLE Mesh Solution , I can use CYW920719Q40EVB as a provisioner to provision an unprovisioned board and this board has GenericOnOffServer, so I can use "LightControl" tab to control the light on or off.

But now, I have a question that I want to use specific netkey and appkey by myself, how can I configure it?

Thanks,

Kai

0 Likes
1 Solution

The Light Control page automates provisioning, configuration and control of the mesh devices by executing multiple actions.  It does not use all possible methods though.  For example, it always use a single network key and three application keys (generic, setup and vendor specific).  The values for the keys are generated at the time when the mesh network is created (you click Create button) and stored in the mesh database.  For example, if you create a network with the name Home, you should be able to find Home.json file in the same directory where executable is located. You will see netKeys and appKeys section where you can find the values.  For example:

"netKeys":[

{

"name":"Net Key",

"index":0,

"key":"ABFBF43BFF561C60023ECE44A1BC87C7",

"minSecurity":"high",

"phase":0

}

],

If you need to change the values of the keys, you can edit the json file and then do Open.  You should be able to add keys as well. You will need to modify the code to make use of the new keys (for example, if you want to provision a device with NetKey other than the one with index 0).

You can also use Configuration tab. The field that you pointed out is the key with index 0.  To add another key you need to fill new values in two fields after NetKey Index label and then click on the Add button after that. 

Please note that information in the Configuration page is not shared in the Light Control page.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KaRe_1495521
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

Does anyone know the way?

0 Likes

Adding a few members of the Applications team: grsr riya rroy zhez zhxh yans kavs shjl

0 Likes

Okay, can anyone answer this question?

0 Likes

The Light Control page automates provisioning, configuration and control of the mesh devices by executing multiple actions.  It does not use all possible methods though.  For example, it always use a single network key and three application keys (generic, setup and vendor specific).  The values for the keys are generated at the time when the mesh network is created (you click Create button) and stored in the mesh database.  For example, if you create a network with the name Home, you should be able to find Home.json file in the same directory where executable is located. You will see netKeys and appKeys section where you can find the values.  For example:

"netKeys":[

{

"name":"Net Key",

"index":0,

"key":"ABFBF43BFF561C60023ECE44A1BC87C7",

"minSecurity":"high",

"phase":0

}

],

If you need to change the values of the keys, you can edit the json file and then do Open.  You should be able to add keys as well. You will need to modify the code to make use of the new keys (for example, if you want to provision a device with NetKey other than the one with index 0).

You can also use Configuration tab. The field that you pointed out is the key with index 0.  To add another key you need to fill new values in two fields after NetKey Index label and then click on the Add button after that. 

Please note that information in the Configuration page is not shared in the Light Control page.