CCG2+NCP81239 car charger reference design source code

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WiCh_3149431
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi, Lisa,

因為原來的討論串已鎖定, 我無法增加問題, 所以建一個新的討論串. 在之前的討論串我反映將#define HPI_CONFIGURATION  (HPI_NOT_SUPPORTED)改為(HPI_SUPPORTED)以便支援HPI功能, build後產生2個error(請參考CCG2+NCP81239 car charger reference design source code ), 因為這個CYPD2134-24LQXI_PA_NCP82139.cywrk內有2個project, 我被這2個project搞混了, 我將cc_boot-pa這個project設為active, 然後修改CYPD2134-24LQXI_PA_NCP82139.cydsn的usbpd.h, 將(HPI_NOT_SUPPORTED) 改為 (HPI_SUPPORTED), 因為是cc_boot-pa這個project設為active, 只build "cc_boot-pa", 所以沒有error, 後來我設定"CYPD2134-24LQXI_PA_NCP82139"為active, build後仍然有2個error, 還請協助如何解決這2個error.

還有請問"cc_boot-pa" project有何作用? 我實際program到CCG2+NCP81239 car charger沒有作用, 只有固定輸出5V.

還有我有CY8CKIT-002, 如果"CYPD2134-24LQXI_PA_NCP82139" project為active, 無法進入debug或debug without Programming模式, 如果將"cc_boot-pa"這個project設為active, 就可以進入debug或debug without Programming模式, 但目前看來"cc_boot-pa"這個project沒有作用, 看來"CYPD2134-24LQXI_PA_NCP82139" 才是我們要的source code.

以上問題還請協助解決, 謝謝. William

debug without programming.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi William,

May I know why you need enable HPI on your project? The project you have been got is based on CYPD2134 power adapter SDK project, which is not includes HPI. You could try to open a CCG2 notebook and adapter project on your end to see the HPI implements.

If you need enable HPI on your project, I have to recommend you use CCG2 notebook example code as base source code and immigration the project of NCP82139 to CCG2. The difference between CCG2 notebook (NB) and power adapter (PA) is

a. NB support I2C bootloader, PA support CC bootloader.

b. NB support DisplayPort Alt mode and HPI salve, PA is not supported.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
RajathB_01
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

"cc_boot-pa" project is used to generate the CC - bootloader HEX.

This CC - bootloader will enable the CCG3PA to be updated/configured over CC lines.

The "CYPD2134-24LQXI_PA_NCP82139" project will use this bootloader referenced in it's 'bootloadable' component.

Can you please share the errors you are getting while building?

Regards,

Rajath

0 Likes

The 2 errors as in the photo.

HPI_SUPPORTED_error.jpg

0 Likes

No one answer my question.

0 Likes

Hi William,

May I know why you need enable HPI on your project? The project you have been got is based on CYPD2134 power adapter SDK project, which is not includes HPI. You could try to open a CCG2 notebook and adapter project on your end to see the HPI implements.

If you need enable HPI on your project, I have to recommend you use CCG2 notebook example code as base source code and immigration the project of NCP82139 to CCG2. The difference between CCG2 notebook (NB) and power adapter (PA) is

a. NB support I2C bootloader, PA support CC bootloader.

b. NB support DisplayPort Alt mode and HPI salve, PA is not supported.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Thanks, Lisa:

Because we need a MCU to set output voltage between 0 to 20V in 0.1V step, set power on/off for testing, I will check CCG2 notebook peoject fit for my application or not. William

0 Likes

Hi, Lisa:

What hardware reference design I should reference for CCG2 notebook (NB) ?

Best Regards,

William

0 Likes

Hi William,

The related hardware is CY4521.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hi, Lisa:

Our project is power supply, voltage adjust range from 0~20V, ncp81239 can meet our inquiry, the CY4521 only support 4 voltage rail, do not meet our project requirement, we also don't need CY4521 display port function, the USB PD function we need is only to read e-marker IC, I think develop firmware from CCG2+NCP81239 car charger is more easy for us, right? We need HPI function to command this power supply to output voltage between 0~20V, read E-marker IC information, please let me know if Cypress HPI include this function, if not, we need develop by our self.

0 Likes

Hi William,

1. May I know details specification for power supply and adjust range from 0-20V?

2. You can modify the power part of CY4521 to meet your requirements. The firmware and hardware are released on websites.

3. Cypress HPI for CCG2 is not support change PDO voltage and current dynamically. If you want to done this, you could try to use CCG3/4/5. I do not recommend CCG3PA, since CCG3PA is not support HPI so far.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hi, Lisa:

1. The power supply adjust range from 0-20V in 0.1V scale, because NCP81239 inside VOLTAGE PROFILE REGISTER SETTINGS in 0.01V, the external resistor divider has a 10:1 ratio.
2. The NCP1034 on CY4521 only support 4 voltages(5, 9, 15, 20V), do not meet our demand, we don't need USB Type-C Re-driving Switch and display port function.

3. This project was reference CY4532 at begining, that is Agent FAE suggest us, we bought CY4532 kit, but CCG3PA do not support HPI function, agent FAE suggest us reference CY4541, we also bought CY4541 kit, but CY4541 power supply the same with CY4521, only support 4 voltages(5, 9, 15, 20V), so far only CCG2+NCP81239 car charger hardware meet our demain.

4. The HPI document too many pages, to save my time, please let me know CCG3/4/5 which HPI commands can change PDO voltage and current dynamically.

Best Regards,

William

0 Likes

Hi William,

HPI documentation is Cypress confidential documentation. If you have the documentation and have Cypress contact windows, feel free to contact him/her and get the clarifications. This is not right place can be shared HPI content. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes