1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 13, 2015 9:54 AM by hbarta

SN8200 SNIC FW in SPI and STM32F4 with Cube : Low Level SPI configuration

gptechinno

Dear All,

We have spend the last 6 month doing a decent driver for SNIC SPI over STM32Cube library. It almost support every aspect of the SNIC specification, but only function we used in our project have been heavily tested, other may have some bugs.

Today we would like to optimize the low level SPI communication. For example using IT driven SPI transfer, or even better with DMA.

Does anybody here managed to do so, and is willing to share some information ?

• 1. Re: SN8200 SNIC FW in SPI and STM32F4 with Cube : Low Level SPI configuration
          hbarta

I have had limited success using DMA. In fact, I began developing drivers using DMA and am continuing with that. I started with the STM32Cube library SPI DMA example and modified it to send/receive the messages of interest. I have coded to have continuous receive operations going and switch to transmit/receive operations when there is need to transmit something to the sn8200.

I say limited because right now I have difficulty getting reliable response from the sn8200. Please see my post at SN8200 and GEN_PWR_UP_IND_RSP message.

I would be very interested to hear about your experience with managing the sn8200, particularly if you are using the STA functionality.