2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2018 4:32 AM by user_129004250

ez-usb can't run make

user_129004250

I installed FX3 ez-usb today (1.3.4) and began using it.  I was able to open a project (e-con's CX3 evaluation module) and compile it without any problems.

I then created a new empty project and copied their CX3 source code to it.  Upon trying to compile it, I get this error:

13:01:45 **** Incremental Build of configuration Debug for project aj-13-00283 Dual Pi-Spy Camera for aj-02-00279 ****

make all

Cannot run program "make" (in directory "D:\Optel\Dual-Camera Firmware\Debug"): CreateProcess error=216, This version of %1 is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher

13:01:45 Build Finished (took 12ms)

I have since done a "repair", an uninstall and reinstall.  Still getting the same error.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Scott

• 1. Re: ez-usb can't run make
          abga

Hi Scott,

After creating a new empty project in EZ-USB host you have to set a couple of ARM tool chain, environment variables & Path Variables.

Have you set it. If not please use the existing project settings.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

• 2. Re: ez-usb can't run make
            user_129004250

Hi Abhinav,

Thanks for the reply.  I figured out what went wrong last thing yesterday.  I have a directory named "system" that contains a make.exe from a long time ago.  This is the copy that was running when EZ USB was running it.  It isn't a 64-bit app (they didn't exist when the "bad" make program was written).  Simply deleting it causes EZ USB to report there is no make program available.

From there is did a search for make.exe which is part of the installation, but not in one of the directories that EZ USB adds to the system path.  I had to copy it from it's original location to one of the directories added to the path by the installer.  I picked ..\jre\bin.  Having done this, make now runs.

Thanks for your help.

Scott