how can use CCG3 (CYPD3123) to control the power supply not from the type-c receptalce but from an external power unit?

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
beyuc_3712261
Level 3
Level 3

i am trying to use a CCG3 (CYPD3123) to monitor/control the power supply for  both a USB-C plug to HDMI converter and a USB hub controller circuit. I need to use an external power supply (16vdc) directly connect to the circuit as show below. I do not use the type-c receptacle in this case. Is it allowed with the CCG3?

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

It is allowed with the CCG3.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi ,

It is allowed with the CCG3.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Hi Lisa, could you help check if the connection of the CYPD3123 is correct? Should I setup CYPD3123 with the software if available. I am new to this chip. Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
beyuc_3712261
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, If I do not use the USB-C receptacle for charge but add an external power supply for the circuit and charging the Samsung cell phone connected at the Type-C plug can the CCG2 be removed? Can I add a I2C connector to program the CCG3 with the firmware you provide? Can I setup the firmware by myself with the software tool you provide if available? Capture.PNG

0 Likes

Hi ,

It is available. CCG2 can be removed. Please kindly make sure the external power supply can be controlled by CCG3.

CYPD3123 is support USB bootloadering, you can upgrade firmware via Type-C port and CYPD3123 can support to SWD programming.

The firmware of CYPD3123 can be found from the link: http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-pd-software-development-kit?source=sear...

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes