Bluetooth on a single layer circuit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
matw_1334336
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hi,

I'm trying to choose between Cypress chips and compare with with other suppliers prior to starting a project

The application must be suitable for a single layer PCB so no crossing tracks under any circumstance and minimal external components

Functions and connectivity will be added to the project as it progresses. For now I want to choose a platform balancing good potential functionality with ease of implementation for relatively inexperienced programmers..

I found the CYBLE-416045-02 as the latest, fastest processor etc but I believe it is not yet in production? I was wondering about when this would be out and any concerns / considerations re implementing this into a project. I imagine learning the twin processor approach is a challenge.

I found the CYBT-353027-02  as a low tech small but less capable solution - I assume the learning curve would be less steep

The CYBLE-224116-01 looks to be the most capable in IO, for long range with existing established tech - I assume ease of implementation would be around the same as the 353027 above so this may be a good solution for now

Just after a quick sanity check of the above - cheers

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

I believe the comparison you made between the several modules are objective. You may get more details (including main characteristics / release schedule) of these CY Bluetooth modules from below community thread:

BLE Module CYBLE-416045-02 release schedule

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
ShipingW_81
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

I believe the comparison you made between the several modules are objective. You may get more details (including main characteristics / release schedule) of these CY Bluetooth modules from below community thread:

BLE Module CYBLE-416045-02 release schedule

0 Likes

Hi, Thanks for the feedback, as the psoc 6 chip is not in production I'll go for one of the others so should probably be in another part of the forum.

It appears the development environment is different for the CYBT-353027-02 as it uses Wiced.

The demo kit CY8KIT-042-BLE is Scheduled for obsolescence according to mouser so is this the best platform?

Still looking for ease of implementation, single chip, expandability in same family if possible (so swapping from Wiced to Cypress seems risky)

0 Likes

Yes, the development environment for CYBT-353027-02 is WICED.

From your above description, you might be familiar most with PSoC4 BLE device, and it might need some time to get start with WICED if you are new to it.

For easiest learning curve - 

Please check with local sales or distributor if there is any PSoC4 BLE module is in production. See the module part number marked as "EZ-BLE CREATOR BT" in the roadmap from link - http://www.cypress.com/file/151441/download

If there is not, PSoC6 BLE - CYBLE-416045-02 should be the second choice, and it's already in production, but note it's DUAL CORE ARCHITECTURE.

The last choice should be the modules based on WICED.