Missing Components: Can't add CYBLE-022001-00 to PSoC Creator CY8CKIT-043 project

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaSt_1539621
Level 2
Level 2
5 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

I have a BLE Module (CYBLE-022001-00) and I've soldered it onto the CY8CKIT-043 prototyping kit board.

I have created a new project using the CY8CKIT-043 template to which I would like to add the BLE module. I have used the Cypress Updater and I think I have the latest modules, but the Cypress Component Catalog shows only 153 components even though the CyComponentLibrary.cylib folder has 271 items in it, including several BLE component modules.

How do I add the BLE Module to my new project?

This is a project that I had functioning before while PSoC 4 Pioneer baseboard to program my 4200 module, and I thought this CY8CKIT-043 upgrade would be an improvement, so I have the code running on the other assembly but would like to switch to this one with built in USB for easier testing.

Thanks!

image (2).png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Mark,

There should be a switch on your board. Please select corresponding target device through the switch. Refer its user guide or hardware schematics file.

Thanks,

Ryan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Mark,

In the folder, there are different versions for 1 component, so the items number in the folder bigger than the number shown in Creator component catalog.

The BLE module part number is similar with PSoC part number, not a component.

If you want to use the BLE module, you may create a project with the module part number.

Click file-> Project -> Target module:

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks,

Ryan

When I try to set the debug target in PSoC Creator with the CY8CKIT-043 plugged in it doesn't show any compatible target for the CYBLE-022001-00 project.

Using your instructions I was able to create a CYBLE-022001-00 project, and using other instructions I was able to create a CY8CKIT-043 project in the same workspace. I think what I need to do is create a project that has both a CYBLE-022001-00 and a CY8CKIT-043, or at least the PSoC 4200, in the same project.

I can see that there is some PSoC 4 code in the Generated_Source folder, but when I try to Ctrl+F5 to the selected target I get:

`The selected debug target 'CY8C4247AZI-M485' is not compatible with the project's selected device 'CYBLE-022001-00'.`

And the Details tells me:
`The target device selected in this window does not have a Silicon ID and Revision that matches the current project's selected device. Either pick a different debug target here, or go back and change the project's selected device. If you believe the target's detected revision number is incorrect, verify that the selected Debug Clock is 1/3 of the chip's Bus Clock and try running Port Acquire to reset the device.`

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Hi Mark,

There should be a switch on your board. Please select corresponding target device through the switch. Refer its user guide or hardware schematics file.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes

I think the dificulty is that I am coming form the Pioneer Kit where the BLE HID Keyboard example worked and I was able to program it to the CY8CKIT-043 where it requires the two devices to be programmed separately.

It's not immediately clear which code belongs to which device and how to separate out the code in the BLE HID Keyboard, but I am looking at the EZ BLE Module documentation to try to figure that out, https://community.cypress.com/external-link.jspa?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cypress.com%2Ffile%2F157791%2F...

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes