cyusb_linux: undefined symbol: libusb_get_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ALL,

I am using CY7C68013A on Ubuntu 16.04 with a x64 computer. The USB device works fine in Windows and also can be recognized by Linux with cyusb_linux application.

The firmware is the same as that in windows and I just want to develop host application on Linux.

I installed the cyusb_linux step by step following the user guide and readme.

Screenshot 2018-09-12 09_50_01.png

But, when I try to select the device in the device list on the GUI, the application crashed and pop the error in the console:

cyusb_linux: symbol lookup error: cyusb_linux: undefined symbol: libusb_get_ss_endpoint_companion_descriptor

Screenshot from 2018-09-12 10-05-31.png

I tried to figure out the reason, but without luck.

What may cause this error?

Any clue or help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Zheng

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Zheng,

We checked the same on Ubuntu 16.04 (x64 bit) system and found the application to be working fine. Please ensure the path /usr/local/lib includes all the shared libraries before running the application. The symbol may not be defined in the given library path, you can use the 'nm' command and check if any undefined symbol is present.

Best Regards,

Sananya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Sananya_14
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hello Zheng,

We checked the same on Ubuntu 16.04 (x64 bit) system and found the application to be working fine. Please ensure the path /usr/local/lib includes all the shared libraries before running the application. The symbol may not be defined in the given library path, you can use the 'nm' command and check if any undefined symbol is present.

Best Regards,

Sananya

0 Likes