Hi , I am using S25FL064 SPI Flash. I want to know is there any device unique number/code/ID that can be retrieved out of the flash, i.e no two SPI flash must not have same such number. I went through device ID given in the application note but it seems t

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having an application to distinguish different flash memories.

Is there any way to get any device specific number so that it is not the same with any other flash manufactured by CYPRESS.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello

Since we did not receive any response regarding full OPN from you, we can not provide any resolution. I am closing the case.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Community Forum. Can you please specify full OPN/MPN?

Have a wonderful day

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for the concern.

I tried with the 0x4b command (RUID command name). It worked. I could able to read 8byte Unique ID.

In that the first 4 bytes are '0's, and the last 4 bytes are with the nonzero value.

For two different hardwares I tried and got two different IDs as expected.

My doubt is are the first 4 bytes '0' for all the hardwares as of now ? and is my proceedings correct with respect to the command choosen?

0 Likes

Hello

Since we did not receive any response regarding full OPN from you, we can not provide any resolution. I am closing the case.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes