8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2019 1:01 PM by ToIn_1742091

CYW43438 bringup

sugac_3385211

Make command : test.console-MurataType1LD-FreeRTOS-LwIP-SDIO download download_apps run :

Starting WICED vWiced_006.001.000.0085

Platform MurataType1LD initialised

Started FreeRTOS v9.0.0

Initialising LwIP v2.0.2

DHCP CLIENT hostname WICED IP

Console app

> scan

Waiting for scan results...

# Type  BSSID              RSSI Rate Chan Security               SSID                            CCode    Flag

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It gets stuck here and I don't see any output.I am bringing it up for the first time .Also I don't see the MAC address and firmware information in startup log.

Please let me know the correct process for bringing up the board .

Regards,

Suresh

• 1. Re: CYW43438 bringup
          RaktimR_11

From your logs, I can see that Wi-Fi Firmware or CLM blob is not being loaded at all. You can try debugging the bring-up issue by checking where it is getting stuck in wiced_init() process ( Please start with checking the return value of all the individual sub-initialization procedures). For Debugger configuration, please refer to Re: Debugging the BCM943362WCD4_EVB , Creating and/or Editing Debug Configurations

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: CYW43438 bringup
            MichaelF_56

Adding ToIn_1742091 from Murata.

I'm assuming that you received the Type 1LD platform files from Murata?

• 3. Re: CYW43438 bringup
              ToIn_1742091

I tried the same Make Target on my desk and the output is as below.

Starting WICED vWiced_006.002.001.0002

Platform MurataType1LD initialised

Started FreeRTOS v9.0.0

Initialising LwIP v2.0.3

DHCP CLIENT hostname WICED IP

WLAN MAC Address : B8:D7:AF:2E:05:A6

WLAN Firmware    : wl0: Apr 30 2018 04:14:19 version 7.45.98.50 (r688715 CY) FWID 01-283fcdb9

WLAN CLM         : API: 12.2 Data: 9.10.39 Compiler: 1.29.4 ClmImport: 1.36.3 Creation: 2018-04-11 22:31:21

Console app

> scan

Waiting for scan results...

# Type  BSSID              RSSI Rate Chan Security               SSID                            CCode    Flag

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Infra 18:64:72:1B:96:20 -37 216.7    1  WPA2 AES   PSK         MurataGuest                              PROBE

(eliminated by me)

End of scan results

>

• 4. Re: CYW43438 bringup
                sugac_3385211

MichaelF_56 I have received Type 1LD platform files from Murata .

ToIn_1742091

I referred the doc provided by murata “ N1- 4629_Type1LD-Quick_Start_Guide_1.3.pdf “ .

And did all the necessary changes as per the steps mentioned in the document and ran the the make command “test.console-MurataType1LD download download_apps run” under the section 5.1. Change the application source “ in WICED-Studio-6.1.

I feel the make option "download_apps" is not working as it is for downloading Firmware .

Is there any other changes to make in Platform files ? Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

Suresh

• 5. Re: CYW43438 bringup
                  ToIn_1742091

Can you try WICED 6.2.1.2? That can be one possibility for the difference.

Can you try following steps and share the build log and openocd_log.txt?

1. clean

2. run the build (double click test.console-MurataType1LD-FreeRTOS-LwIP-SDIO download download_apps run)

I could confirm our India team that they are supporting you, so I have sent an invitation our private site.

• 6. Re: CYW43438 bringup
                    sugac_3385211

Hi ToIn_1742091

Thanks for help.

I changed the board and it worked .

I will come back as soon as I get stuck or encounter another issue.

Regards,

Suresh

• 7. Re: CYW43438 bringup
                      PrC_4414976

ToIn_1742091

How to get platform files from Murata?

• 8. Re: CYW43438 bringup
                        ToIn_1742091

Please contact your local Murata contact. You may also need to get modules or evaluation boards, so local support would help.