Code of the Servo Motor Speed Control FM4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_2884081
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi,

I'm using the Cypress Kit 037 to control a BLDC motor, and now I want to use an encoder to obtain the angle instead of using the observer.

I saw that the FM4-U120-9B560 has a code example of what I want to do (FOC with encoder), so I downloaded the AN, User Guide and software available here.

But the User Guide states in page 11 the files available in the s04_app folder. They can be seen too in page 23, Figure 6-10. These files are not present in the folder I got. Even when using the IAR Embedded Workbench IDE, all I can see is this:

pastedImage_4.png

I'm interested in the code that obtains the angle from the encoder. Where can I find it?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hello,

It seems the APIs are included as a library, which is not released. You can see the .a file 'FM4_SeverMotor.a'.

Thanks

Jobin GT

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JobinT_31
Employee
Employee
50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored

Hello,

It seems the APIs are included as a library, which is not released. You can see the .a file 'FM4_SeverMotor.a'.

Thanks

Jobin GT

How can I use that library in other project?

Hi,

I would like help using that library in other project. Can you please help?

Or at least have access to the .a file to see the code?

Yes, you can use this project in any FM4 MCU [not in any other MCU], But might need to change project's configuration in IDE tool.

Thanks

Jobin GT

0 Likes

Thanks Jobin

I'm trying to use that code with the "Sensorless FOC Motor Control" example of the Cypress Kit-037. Is there a way to get to that code to use it in a different kit?

You can use different motors with the example.
Please refer: http://www.cypress.com/file/157806/download

Appendix E: Adapting the Design to Other Motors

If you are looking for custom kit connected to PSoC 4, it should work given the specs are taken care.

Thanks

Jobin GT

0 Likes