Could you please let me know what exactly is not working?
Can you share your design schematic so that I can understand your issue better?
thanks for your mail. To Change some states off a DUT we have to control
the CY8CMBR3108 electrically. For this, we attached a Cu-Plate on the DUT.
After closing the Switch, a grounded capacitor is connected to the
You can see a schematic in the picture below. Sometimes the sensor detects
the change of the capacity but often the sensor doesn't react on the
Can you tell me a possible schematic to control the sensor?
Am Mo., 27. Aug. 2018 um 17:20 Uhr schrieb brvi <
Cypress Developer Community
Problem to control a CY8CMBR3108
reply from brvi
1* - View the full discussion
image.png 30.7 K
Please tell me if I have understood your issue correctly. Do correct me if I'm wrong. You need to simulate the finger capacitance and test your MBR3 device. But with the present circuit, it is not working as expected.
I may need further clarification from your side.
1. Dimensions of the Cu plate
2. Capacitance of the grounded capacitance that you are using as a finger capacitance.
3. How do yo validate that your circuit is not working? Is your device not detecting the touch?
4. How are you checking if there is a not touch or not?
For now, I believe that this issue could be due to one/more of the following reasons:
1. MBR3 uses SmartSense algorithm, and it can handle only a Cp value of less than 45pF. This capacitance is added due to a lot of factors such as trace length, trace width and dimensions of the sensor.
2. If not already, you need to put a series resistor of 560 as shown in the below document. This will act as a low pass filter.
Refer : http://www.cypress.com/file/41076/download Pg 43.
3. Since there is a relay line in between, the switching transitions may emit radiations and will affect the sensor.