Miniprog 3 1.8V with PSoC 63 Pioneer board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeHu_3414236
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received

I power the Pioneer board through USB and connect Miniprog 3 to J11 and in PSoC Programmer, the Miniprog 3 reads the voltage as 780mV and status says Not Powered.  If I disconnect Miniprog 3 the Vtarg voltages goes to 1.8V on J11.  If I connect a Segger J-Link to J11 or use Kitprog 2, it reads 1.8V and everything functions.  If I switch the Pioneer board to 3.3V the Miniprog 3 works.  Does anyone know what is the problem with Miniprog 3 at 1.8V?  My own board uses 1.8V but I don't have it yet for testing.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Jefferson,

I tested again.

This time The Type-C cable was connected. It means the power is supplied by PC through the Type-C cable.

And at the same time I used MiniProg-3@1.8V to program CY8CKIT-06- BLE.

It worked. PSoC6 was successfully programmed.

So in this case, I think the problem is caused by current limitation of MiniProg-3. Without external power supply, MiniProg-3 may not provide enough current strength for the whole board to program the chip on kit-062. With external power supply, the issue will be gone.

Thanks,

Ryan

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hi Jefferson,

What is the status of SW5. Is it switched to correct position?

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes

I set SW5 to position 1 for 1.8V.

0 Likes

I can confirm the issue,

When connected it reads 1.2V in my case, multimeter says 1.8V.

But when I enable and disable the Power of Miniprog 3 once while 10pin connector is disconnected, the voltage measured while floating increases from 0.18V ot 0.6V and while connected to the PSoC board it correctly reads the 1.8V.

This is not an issue with 3.3V thought.

0 Likes

Is this a problem with Miniprog 3 or the Pioneer board?  From this discussion somebody said 1.8V works with Miniprog 3 and 062 kit:

Has anyone been able to program a PSoC 6 with a Miniprog3?

I could not program the Pioneer board at 1.8V with Kitprog2 or Miniprog3.  With Kitprog2, it can detect the correct voltage but when I try to erase flash I get this error:

| FAILED! Failed to Acquire Device.

| Please, check the following items:

|  - the connection between the programmer and the PSoC;

|  - the correct programming protocol is selected;

|  - the correct connector option is selected.

I use J-Link Segger to program and debug in Keil at 1.8V and I don't have any problem.

0 Likes

No, I can't confirm that. Programming works for me with KitProg, KitProg-CMSIS-DAP and Miniprog at 1.8V. All of them had no issues with programming and erasing the flash. Also MiniProg has no issue when it only measures 1.2V.

Have tested both, through PsoC Creator (4.2) and PSoC Programmer (3.27.1).

Please double check all switches on the board. I am able to force your error message, when either of them is in an undefined state.

0 Likes

Hi Jefferson,

I tested again.

This time The Type-C cable was connected. It means the power is supplied by PC through the Type-C cable.

And at the same time I used MiniProg-3@1.8V to program CY8CKIT-06- BLE.

It worked. PSoC6 was successfully programmed.

So in this case, I think the problem is caused by current limitation of MiniProg-3. Without external power supply, MiniProg-3 may not provide enough current strength for the whole board to program the chip on kit-062. With external power supply, the issue will be gone.

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes