FX3 INTERFACE WITH SDCARD

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gean_3054931
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes given 5 likes given First like received

Hello,

is it possible to store image data in the sdcard through streamin mode from the fpga?

my hardware design is..

gpif 2 (slavefifo)         (ptos & stou)                         usb2/3

image sensor<->fpga<------------------------->   fx3 sdcard port  <---------------> pc in slavefifo mode and without any filesystems in the firmware i.e. only raw data streaming.

ptos ->p port data to s port (sdcard write operation).

stou ->s port data to u port(sdcard read operation).

regards,

geetha.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Geetha,

Yes it is possible to store data from GPIF side to SD card using a file system in the firmware side. Please look into "fatfs" firmware that comes along with FX3 SDK. Then to read the data from the host there is no need to implement file system on the firmware side. Your device should come up as a mass storage device and then window driver will take care of the file operations on the SD card.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

View solution in original post

6 Replies
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi,

To retrieve data from the SD card you have to install File system on it.

Otherwise please tell me how you are planning to read the SD card.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

0 Likes

Hello abhinav,

I want to read sdcard data through usb connected to pc.we are planning to implement file system in the windows side not in the firmware.

regards,

geetha.

0 Likes

Hello abhinav,

is it possible to do ?

regards,

geetha.

0 Likes

Hi Geetha,

Yes it is possible to store data from GPIF side to SD card using a file system in the firmware side. Please look into "fatfs" firmware that comes along with FX3 SDK. Then to read the data from the host there is no need to implement file system on the firmware side. Your device should come up as a mass storage device and then window driver will take care of the file operations on the SD card.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav

Hello abhinav,

i dont need to implement file system in the firmware.i need to ipmlement file system in the windows side.

i wanted to store raw data from gpif to sdcard in fx3 slavefifo configuration.

regards,

geetha.

0 Likes

Hi Geetha,

If you want to save only raw data in the SD card then there is no need to install file system in the firmware.

Thanks & Regards

Abhinav