"recovering a deleted file"

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

I'm using Creator 4.2 and have deleted a file instead of removing it.  The file appears to be 'gone'.  Is there a way to recover it?  I've looked in the "Recycle Bin".    Not there.

Recreating the file will take about 5 hours.  I'm trying to avoid that.

Am I SOL?

If so, I recommend a future improvement to Creator: When deleting the files, push it into the "Recycle Bin". Or at last an "Undo" for this operation.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
1 Solution

When you hit the delete button on any file in PSoC Creator, it prompts the following dialog:

delete.PNG

As mentioned if you proceed with delete, it gets permanently deleted from the disk and there is no way of recovering the file. You should use the Exclude option when you don't want the file to be part of PSoC Creator workspace. And yes there is no undo option on delete in PSoC Creator.

Sorry but looks like you need to create the file again. Thanks for the suggestion, appreciate the feedback.

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello Len,

How are you deleting a file? If you press just DELETE, the file will reflect in the Recycle Bin. Maybe you pressed SHIFT+DEL which causes a permanent delete. You can also undo the delete operation by clicking CTRL+Z inside the directory where the file is supposedly present or you can also restore the file from Recycle Bin.

If the above isn't working for you, can you tell me what file you deleted and how you deleted it?

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Dheeraj,

As indicated in my previous post, I "deleted" the file from PSoC Creator Workspace Explorer not from the PC Desktop.

Had I deleted it from the Desktop, I would expect to recover it from the Recycle Bin.

I was hoping that a Recycle capability was available in PSoC Creator to undo my "Oops!".

Len

Len
0 Likes

When you hit the delete button on any file in PSoC Creator, it prompts the following dialog:

delete.PNG

As mentioned if you proceed with delete, it gets permanently deleted from the disk and there is no way of recovering the file. You should use the Exclude option when you don't want the file to be part of PSoC Creator workspace. And yes there is no undo option on delete in PSoC Creator.

Sorry but looks like you need to create the file again. Thanks for the suggestion, appreciate the feedback.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Dheeraj,

Sadly, in a rash of late-night coding, I selected "Delete".  Therefore is it GONE!

PSoC Creator 5 wishlist:  A delete pushes the file(s) to the Recycle Bin.

Len

Len

Thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope to incorporate it in our future releases.

Regards,

Dheeraj