I am using a PSoC cy8ckit-050 to control a semiconductor test system through a USB cable. The PSoC and the tester are operating well through port ‘COM9: ’. It was decided that the LCD display component was not needed and should be removed. I made a copy o

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
eamoc_1318266
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins Welcome! First question asked

I am using a PSoC cy8ckit-050 to control a semiconductor test system through a USB cable. The PSoC and the tester are operating well through port ‘COM9: ’. It was decided that the LCD display component was not needed and should be removed. I made a copy of the project and removed all references to the LCD component. The project compiled without error, but when I programmed the device, the Windows 10 Device manager reported the removal of COM9: and that an “ Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)”, was reported.

I also tried programming a PSoC cy8ckit-059 using a USBUART component and no LCD component and had the same failure, compiles and “ Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)”.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Can you try restarting your PC? Once the PC has restarted, connect your device to the USB port and then you should see the USB enumeration taking place and you shouldn't be seeing that error. Let me know if it works?

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Can you try restarting your PC? Once the PC has restarted, connect your device to the USB port and then you should see the USB enumeration taking place and you shouldn't be seeing that error. Let me know if it works?

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes