Control a data input to the smartIO block in software?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a few signals coming into the smartIO block and couple peripheral outputs, but I also need an to calculate something in software to use as a data input as well. Is there a way to do this? I

0 Likes
1 Solution
AchimE_41
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First comment on KBA

If I understand you correctly you want to trigger one of the data input pins of the SmartIO by software.

Yes, that is possible by configuring the data pin as input with "undefined" source. Select synchronous or asynchronous input as you need. Now you can manipulate the signal by setting the corresponding GPIO high or low, as smartIO is not bypassed, the signal will not be shown at the GPIO pin. So you basically cut open the connection from the GPIO registers to the GPIO pin.

The GPIO signal will then be controlled by the corresponding LUT if the "gpio" is configured as output.

regards,

Achim

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
AchimE_41
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First comment on KBA

If I understand you correctly you want to trigger one of the data input pins of the SmartIO by software.

Yes, that is possible by configuring the data pin as input with "undefined" source. Select synchronous or asynchronous input as you need. Now you can manipulate the signal by setting the corresponding GPIO high or low, as smartIO is not bypassed, the signal will not be shown at the GPIO pin. So you basically cut open the connection from the GPIO registers to the GPIO pin.

The GPIO signal will then be controlled by the corresponding LUT if the "gpio" is configured as output.

regards,

Achim

0 Likes