Creating a drone using CY8CKIT-042-BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Community, 

I finaly ordered a CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A in order to create a mini-quadcopter hoping it won’t take me more than a week (am I too optimistic?)...

In the begining, I've tried using a CY8CKIT-050, but, I didn't even get to wake-up a brushless motor. So it finaly decided me it could be better to afford a CY8CKIT-042-BLE!

Can someone please give me any kind of advices to help me realise that project ? I've never created a quadcopter before even though I'm an electrical engineer (you do have to start, someday... So please don't be cruel...), but it seems to me that I need to have some given cypress' libraries to wake up the brushless motors... Unless they have to be programmed in C language. If that's the case, can I please have a few leads for this codings ? I couldn't find any kind of information for waking up the motors, so I really am in a great need of help... Or can you put me in touch with other engineers familiar with UAV technology who can inspire me towards a good idea?  I am aware that creating a drone is not an easy task, but it is not that which will discourage me...

Hoping to read you soon, 

Sincerely, 

Moumouni 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
0 Likes
2 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Not just a "Quite easy" project.

A PSoC4 will not beable to control BLDC motors directly, this can be done using a PSoC5 CY8CKIT-059.

You will need a sensor to capture the orientation. These usually are interfaced with I2C

The motors (4-8) can be controlled using a PWM and BLDC drivers.

For the IMU and AHRS software see here.

Happy coding

Bob

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi

Please check the code examples in relation to this kit too.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/cy8ckit-037-psoc-4-motor-control-evaluat...

Best Regards,
VRS

0 Likes