2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2018 5:12 AM by vsrs

Creating a drone using CY8CKIT-042-BLE

user_377063907

Hi Community, 

I finaly ordered a CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A in order to create a mini-quadcopter hoping it won’t take me more than a week (am I too optimistic?)...

In the begining, I've tried using a CY8CKIT-050, but, I didn't even get to wake-up a brushless motor. So it finaly decided me it could be better to afford a CY8CKIT-042-BLE!

Can someone please give me any kind of advices to help me realise that project ? I've never created a quadcopter before even though I'm an electrical engineer (you do have to start, someday... So please don't be cruel...), but it seems to me that I need to have some given cypress' libraries to wake up the brushless motors... Unless they have to be programmed in C language. If that's the case, can I please have a few leads for this codings ? I couldn't find any kind of information for waking up the motors, so I really am in a great need of help... Or can you put me in touch with other engineers familiar with UAV technology who can inspire me towards a good idea?  I am aware that creating a drone is not an easy task, but it is not that which will discourage me...

Hoping to read you soon, 

Sincerely, 

Moumouni