1 2 3 Previous Next 31 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2018 10:00 PM by SrinathS_16

Regarding USB Enumaration

Hi ,

We are using cypress USB products  .when we will connect to PC via USB and checked in Device manager  these devices comes under Universal serial Bus controller category but we want  as imaging Device  because we interfaced with image sensor  i have attached the screenshot  PFA. So  we wanted to change from Universal serial Bus  controller category to imaging Device  .Can any one help me to change ?.

Thanks Regards ,Device_manager.png

Veerendra

• 1. Re: Regarding USB Enumaration
          SrinathS_16

Hello Veerendra,

- Cypress FX2LP No EEPROM device denotes the FX2LP boot-loader and your custom application firmware.

- In case your application needs to be detected under the Imaging devices/Camera devices class,

1. The CYUSB3.INF file has to be modified as below. The class and the class GUID should be populated with these values.

Class=Camera

ClassGUID={ca3e7ab9-b4c3-4ae6-8251-579ef933890f}

Also, please note that this modification would erase the digital signature of the CYUSB3 driver and hence cannot be used on Windows 10 and above machines. Below Windows 10, this modified INF file and the driver can be bound forcefully. To use this driver in Windows 10 with the modification, the driver needs to be submitted to Microsoft for certification.

Also, kindly, note that CYUSB3 driver is a vendor-class based driver and is generally supposed to be displayed under the USB Controllers section.

2. The device should be configured as a USB video class device. The firmware needs to be modified to handle the UVC class requests and the descriptor file should be modified to suit the UVC class. In this case, the Windows host applications such as e-Cam View or VLC player can be used along with the Microsoft provided drivers. CYUSB3 driver is not needed in this case.

Best regards,

Srinath S

• 2. Re: Regarding USB Enumaration

hi srnt,

I modified as you Said ,

" The CYUSB3.INF file has to be modified as below. The class and the class GUID should be populated with these values.

Class=Camera

ClassGUID={ca3e7ab9-b4c3-4ae6-8251-579ef933890f}" but the Device is not enumerated as below

please help me to solve this Enumeration problem .and to Add UVC to firmware it will be very helpful.

23.jpg24.JPG

• 3. Re: Regarding USB Enumaration
              SrinathS_16

Hello Veerendra,

- Please let me know the procedure how you have bound the device to the driver.

- Share the version of the driver and the error message displayed.

- For FX2LP UVC implementation, refer to the below document.

USB2.0 Camera Interface Using FX2LP™ and Lattice CrossLink FPGA - KBA222479

This can be used as a reference to build your application.

Best regards,

Srinath S

• 4. Re: Regarding USB Enumaration

hi srnt,

I changed the Cysb3.Inf  By opening in Note pad  as you Said . Still UVC is not implemented and i am not getting how to implement please guide me to Implement. but At least it have to enumerate

as Image Device after changing the Class and  ClassGUID.

And  thanks for your reply i will refer that link Also  please help me to do this...

Thanks regards

Veerendra

• 5. Re: Regarding USB Enumaration
                  SrinathS_16

Hello Veerendra,

- Modify the INF file in the driver package as I had mentioned.

- Open device manager. Right click on the device and choose 'Update Driver'.

- Choose 'Browse my computer for driver software'.

- Then, choose 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer'.

- Choose 'Have Disk'.

- Navigate to the driver directory and choose the INF file that you have modified.

- Click on OK.

In case you face any errors, please post the screenshot.

Best regards,

Srinath S

• 6. Re: Regarding USB Enumaration

hi srnt,

i followed the same steps as mentioned in the below

- Modify the INF file in the driver package as I had mentioned.

- Open device manager. Right click on the device and choose 'Update Driver'.

- Choose 'Browse my computer for driver software'.

- Then, choose 'Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer'.

- Choose 'Have Disk'.

- Navigate to the driver directory and choose the INF file that you have modified.

- Click on OK.

errors are same as i attached the pics in the above post after  updating drivers those warning are  showing as i attached in the above pic .

please do some thing to solve this  any way i attached the error image while updating the driver PFAcccZ.png.

thanks regards

veerendra

• 7. Re: Regarding USB Enumaration
                      SrinathS_16

Hello Veerendra,

- I had mentioned you earlier that the suggested method does not work on Windows 10 because the driver loses the signature.

- On WinXP or Win7, the suggested procedure works fine by force binding the driver.

- On WinXP, modify the INF file with the below statements.

Class=Image

ClassGUID={6bdd1fc6-810f-11d0-bec7-08002be2092f}

After this modification, update the driver from the device manager.

Best regards,

Srinath S

• 8. Re: Regarding USB Enumaration

hi srnt,

i tried in windows XP also OK i will check once again in xp and inform you.

thanks regards

veerendra

• 9. Re: Regarding USB Enumaration

hi srnt,

i modified and installed in the windows Xp but it is detecting as imaging device but when we will run VLC player. There it have to detect as captured device but it is not detecting why Can you explain.

and also you are saying that above Xp (windows 7,8,10 and above )it will not work  because they will loose the signature . now can you guide if we want to do it for Xp And above what we have to Do ?

thanks regards

veerendra

• 10. Re: Regarding USB Enumaration
                            SrinathS_16

Hello Veerendra,

VLC player cannot access the device since it is bound to Cypress provided driver. Modifying the INF file as mentioned will only make the device come under Imaging Devices section but the host applications like e-Cam View or VLC player cannot access the device.

In order to use these host applications, the device must be configured as a UVC class device and not as a vendor class device. The device then gets bound to the Usbvideo.sys driver.

For use of unsigned drivers in Windows 10 and above, the driver needs to be tested using WHQL and logs must be submitted to Microsoft for certification. Please refer to the below document.

Driver Signing | Microsoft Docs

Best regards,

Srinath S

• 11. Re: Regarding USB Enumaration

hi srnt,

i will check once with uvc class and inform you .if any body  did this already   can you attach the sample source .

best regards

veerendra

• 12. Re: Regarding USB Enumaration
                                SrinathS_16

Hello Veerendra,

I have already posted the link for the UVC class based implementation of FX2LP and I post it again here. Kindly, refer to the same.

USB2.0 Camera Interface Using FX2LP™ and Lattice CrossLink FPGA - KBA222479

Best regards,

Srinath S

• 13. Re: Regarding USB Enumaration

hi srnt,

I have changed the DSCR.A51 as mentioned in the document which you are suggested

when changed the dscr and programed via ram the end points are not enumerating  . image of control center after programing is attached 122.jpg

Thanks regards

veerendra

• 14. Re: Regarding USB Enumaration
                                    SrinathS_16

Hello Veerendra,

When you are using UVC class, Cypress USB Control Center cannot access the device. Control Center can only access devices bound to the CYUSB3 driver. You can use any Windows applications such e-Cam View to view the device.

Best regards,

Srinath S

1 2 3 Previous Next