WLAN RF testing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
veb_3529051
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

As like HCI Command to test Bluetooth RF parameters, is their way to test WLAN RF testing by using the WICED or any other method ?

Can you suggest any Evaluation board part no? 

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

We also have recently created a help article regarding this process.WICED Wi-Fi Direct Test mode: Introduction

You can follow the steps mentioned in the help article to test the RF side of Wi-FI.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

You can check CYW43907/CYW54907 Product Guide for details on the EVB. There is a document shipped with WICED Studio (43xxx_Wi-Fi/doc/WICED-MFG202-R.pdf), RF Performance Measurements Software User Manual  to help you understand the RF related testing in Wi-Fi side

0 Likes

Thanks for the Response.  Can you suggest EVAL board for combo device  ?

0 Likes

You can select the combo device based on your requirement from IoT Solutions Guide . Once the selection is done, you can get in touch with the module partners or through local Cypress Sales team if the kit is not already available in the kits section of http://www.cypress.com/products/wi-fi-bluetooth-combos

Thanks,

As in explain of RF Testing we need to dump the test code, can u confirm is the below one is correct or not?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

If you are building the console application, you should enable mfg_test fw by using the CONSOLE_USE_MFG_TEST_FW macro; otherwise if you follow the app note, you can build test.mfg_test-<platform_name> download run. Please note that BCM943362WCD4 is a Wi-Fi only platform, for combo chips it should be 4343x, 43340 etc

0 Likes

Thanks!,

I'm planning for the "CYW954907AEVAL1F" EVAL board, to test this board can you share the application need to be download into evaluation kit

0 Likes

Just FYI, 54907 is not a combo solution. The application is already a part of test directory in WICED Studio which can be downloaded from WICED-Studio 6.2.1 Installer (Windows)

0 Likes

Thanks!,

I'm unable to find a combo device EVAl kit which is having dual band operation so, i'm moving with WLAN alone, if u can suggest a combo EVAL kit i would be grate but i'm looking for WLAN should working in 2.4 & 5GHz.

Apart from this, as i checked in make target  "test.mfg_test-CYW954907AEVAL1F" is not their, as shown in below, so help me to findout/ create it.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

mifo

Cypress has dual band combo solution in CYW43340 which is already available. You can get in touch with the module partner of your choice as mentioned earlier and check whether they have an Eval Kit.

Regarding the make target question, you can just create a new make target (test.mfg_test-CYW954907AEVAL1F download run) as explained in the help article. You can just get started with the WICED Studio environment by following WICED Training Videos

0 Likes

Thanks a lot  

0 Likes

We also have recently created a help article regarding this process.WICED Wi-Fi Direct Test mode: Introduction

You can follow the steps mentioned in the help article to test the RF side of Wi-FI.

Hi,

Can you suggest the RF cable (one side SMA and other side to evaluation) for the evaluation board "CYW954907AEVAL1F"

Thanks

0 Likes

I try to maintain a list of current partner EVKs here on the community: Purchase a WICED Wi-Fi Dev Kit 

Murata and Inventek both offer 43340 based EVKs.

0 Likes

For testing the "CYW54907 " device in "CYW954907AEVAL1F Evaluation Kit, which .exe (pick from the below shown) i need to use for testing the RF parameters

"

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

wl43909B0.exe should be used

0 Likes
hulic_3610886
Level 1
Level 1

All,

As our system is running in Linux, do you know any wl file running in lnux system? 

0 Likes