PSoC6 UDB components missing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PeDo_1397011
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

With PSoC Crerator 4.2 and PSoC6 some important digital UDB components are missing.

For example:

- Digital Comparator

- Counter
      There is only the TCPWM Timer Counter and a 7-Bit down counter, but not the "counter" and the "Basic Counter".

- WaveDAC (not useable because of Error, the used DMA v1.70 causes the error)

How can i get these urgend needed functions?

Regards,

Peter

0 Likes
1 Solution
markgsaunders
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Hello Peter,

We have had a lot of software development projects running to support PSoC 6. For example, the PDL is a complete ground-up development of drivers for all the IP on the device. So, unfortunately, we had to prioritize what we work on. The decision was that UDB-based components like the Counter and PWM are not quite as important as some other components because there are plenty of fixed-function alternatives in the TCPWM blocks. They are still important, of course, and they are a high priority in our roadmap. We do intend to complete the portfolio with those components. Unfortunately, I do not have a date for when that will happen.

Sorry this is not the greatest news. I hope you can find alternative ways to complete your projects.

Regards, Mark.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
markgsaunders
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Hello Peter,

We have had a lot of software development projects running to support PSoC 6. For example, the PDL is a complete ground-up development of drivers for all the IP on the device. So, unfortunately, we had to prioritize what we work on. The decision was that UDB-based components like the Counter and PWM are not quite as important as some other components because there are plenty of fixed-function alternatives in the TCPWM blocks. They are still important, of course, and they are a high priority in our roadmap. We do intend to complete the portfolio with those components. Unfortunately, I do not have a date for when that will happen.

Sorry this is not the greatest news. I hope you can find alternative ways to complete your projects.

Regards, Mark.

0 Likes