CX3 enumerated as two /dev/video devices on Ubuntu18.04(kernel 4.16.2-041602-generic)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
shkuc_292731
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

When the CX3 is connected to Ubuntu 18.04 OS which is using kernel 4.16.2-041602-generic means its getting detected as two /dev/video devices.

kernel 4.13.0-26-generic             one  /dev/video device as expected

kernel 4.16.2-041602-generic     two  /dev/video devices !!! 

We have loaded the cx3_examples project "cycx3_uvc_ov5640". Is anyone seeing similar kind of issue ?

Thanks & Regards,

Shanthakumar

0 Likes
1 Solution

You can close this case. Updating the kernel resolves the issue.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
KandlaguntaR_36
25 solutions authored 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

How do you confirm that the two videos devices shown for CX3 UVC device? Please get the VID and PID of the each video device to confirm this.

Please check the devices connected using lsusb command. It must be showning only one CX3 device in both the kernels.

0 Likes

Hi Srdr,

1. First i have used "lsusb" command to list the USB devices. Here i found only one number of usb device with our VID & PID(2560, D051) got detected. Please find the screenshot below.,

Before connecting the camera :

3.png

After connecting the camera :

4.png

2. I have checked the "ls" command on "/dev" directory to display for the video nodes.

Before connecting the camera :

1.png

After connecting the camera :

2.png

3. I have also used the "v4l2-Ctl" tool to display all the information belongs to that specific video nodes.

Video Node 0 :

5.png

Video Node 1 :

6.png

Please let me know if you need any other input.

Thanks & Regards,

Shanthakumar

0 Likes

I will install 18.04 and test the same with Denebola DBK.

Please confirm whether it is affecting the fucntionality.

0 Likes

Hi Srdr,

As far as i have tested, the functionality doesn't seems to be not affected. But we are getting 2 video nodes, accessing the other video node results in application crash.

Thanks & Regards,

Shanthakumar

0 Likes

Shantha Kumar,

Can you please confirm by connecting another Camera (other than  CX3) to kernel 4.16.2-041602-generic machine and check?

This will help us in understanding whether this is happening with kernel 4.16.2-041602-generic or anything need to be done in CX3.

0 Likes

You can close this case. Updating the kernel resolves the issue.

Thanks.

0 Likes