Do we have any EZ-FX3 kit which has SPI Flash Programming?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SaLa_1789541
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like given

Hello Everyone,

I am working on a project which needs firmware to be stored in SPI Flash memory, As i know CYUSB3KIT-003 does not have any SPI flash memory on it. and i cannot program on i2c eeprom? Do we have any other evaluation kit which have SPI flash?

My second question is

If we program i2c eeprom on FX3 and store firmware on it, can we use i2c for other application like interfacing with some other IC or component?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Sagar,

For this kit, I remember you need to download the firmware of FX3 and then download the firmare of FPGA with the configuration tool from Lattice. After that, the kit will enumerate as a audio device and vide device at the same time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
YangyangC_06
Employee
Employee
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hi Sager,

The CYUSB3KIT-001 has onboard FLASH. However, I am afraid that you are not able to buy it now because it is obsolete in Cypress' store.

You could connect other I2C compents on I2C bus cuz it is allowed by I2C spec.

0 Likes
SaLa_1789541
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like given

I am programming FX3 with firmware given by lattice video bridge solution, with this firmware fx3 acts as UVC and UAC on their hardware. Lattice programmed on SPI Flash and they are using I2C for some other controlling purpose. Their hardware is working fine and when connecting to PC their device works as UVC and UAC. But when i am programming my FX3 kit on i2c eeprom with the same firmware i am not getting device as UVC and UAV?

why is this happening?

0 Likes

Do you mention Lattice USB video bridge kit? Can you upload the firmare?

0 Likes

Hi Sagar,

For this kit, I remember you need to download the firmware of FX3 and then download the firmare of FPGA with the configuration tool from Lattice. After that, the kit will enumerate as a audio device and vide device at the same time.

0 Likes