USB go Wireless

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We use an analyer device which communicates with PC via cy7c68013a (USB 2.0). We wish to use this analyer device on a mobile production line so it should work wireless in a 5-6 meters range. I wonder if there is a suitable succeeding chip for wireless application?

Thanks.

Edit---

Hardware Side :

Device has an FPGA and an ARM based Microcontroller. I think I2C is used because cy7c68013a has I2C interface.

Software Side :

Data stream is 40 Mbps.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Can you confirm that the CY7C6813A was interfaced over I2C. Typically this device is interfaced over a Slave FIFO or a similar Parallel interface, to get the max USB throughput.

If its using I2C, then you can use a BLE (CYW20706 / CYW20719) or WiFi (CYW43907) solution. All the part numbers mentioned have an I2C Master/ Slave interface built in. You can write your application to in these parts to replicate the I2C interface you have on your current design.  Without changing your FPGA + ARM MCU code.

Regards
Winston

View solution in original post

3 Replies
WinstonF_61
100 likes received 100 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi,

We have both WiFi & BT solutions, based on the data rate needed and the interface (Parallel / I2C / SPI / UART) supported by your Analyzer we could suggest a better solution. Some more details could be helpful.

Regards
Winston
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I edit my post to add some details. Is it really possible to communicate with the device without re-programming the other ICs?

0 Likes

Hi,

Can you confirm that the CY7C6813A was interfaced over I2C. Typically this device is interfaced over a Slave FIFO or a similar Parallel interface, to get the max USB throughput.

If its using I2C, then you can use a BLE (CYW20706 / CYW20719) or WiFi (CYW43907) solution. All the part numbers mentioned have an I2C Master/ Slave interface built in. You can write your application to in these parts to replicate the I2C interface you have on your current design.  Without changing your FPGA + ARM MCU code.

Regards
Winston