6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2015 11:22 AM by userc_2782

Wiced Sense C++ Applications

Hi,

I am trying to develop a simple C++ application that will grab real time sensor data from the Wiced Sense SDK and hardware.

I have successfully modified the HelloClient windows app to be a simple console application (without MFC).  I have verified I can grab simple device information like battery life and manufacturer/model names.

Now what I am unsure about is how to enable notifications from the device.  Beyond that, once notifications are enabled, how do I poll for sensor data?  Do I need a callback that will hit everytime the BLE device gets data?  I am a bit lost here and since the documentation is a bit sparse, and code not well commented, I am not really sure what I should be doing from here.

There is a function called RegisterNotification(); in the Win8Interface.cpp file, but I am not clear on how I should be using this function.

I have tried analyzing the Android app code to see if I can figure out how its enabling notifications and live streaming sensor data, but havent found the clues I need.

Can anyone lend a hand or point me to some documentation I might have missed?

Thanks in advance,

Justin