Dynamic reconfigure of UART TX lines to GPIO and back to default UART line in 32bit GPIF connections

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
EsRa_2282511
Level 1
Level 1
First like given Welcome!

Hi all,

I have one problem in 32 bit GPIF. I am using FX3 in 32 bit GPIF mode. Since I was used 32 bit GPIF I can't use the default uart line (GPIO 48) for transmit the data. So I used SPI line (MISO line (GPIO 55)) as uart TX. For my application, I need to set SPI line (uarrt tx) initially as Pull UP (high). So I configured this by using CyU3PDeviceGpioOverride() function. But after sometime I need to use this GPIO as UART TX. Is there any possible ways to do this?.  I tried one way, Initially I configured the UART Tx (GPIO 55) as GPIO by using CyU3PDeviceGpioOverride() function and after sometime I disable that GPIO using CyU3PGpioDisable(). But it was not waorking. if any knows the answer please reply this question. Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
EsRa_2282511
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I got the answer. Initially I have configured the GPIO[55] and after I completed my work, I have disabled this GPIO to get back the UART functionality by using CyFx3DevIOSelectGpio(55, CyFalse, CyFalse) function. Now it works fine.

Thanks abga for your reply.

Thanks,

Esakki

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
abhinavg_21
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Hi,

You can try to configure the GPIO matrix again, please note that this time you have to make changes in the GPIO configuration.

0 Likes

hi abga,

Thanks for the reply. If we configure the IOMatrix while the firmware is in active, then we need to reset our device, right?. Because only once we can configure the IOmatrix. 

0 Likes
EsRa_2282511
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I got the answer. Initially I have configured the GPIO[55] and after I completed my work, I have disabled this GPIO to get back the UART functionality by using CyFx3DevIOSelectGpio(55, CyFalse, CyFalse) function. Now it works fine.

Thanks abga for your reply.

Thanks,

Esakki

0 Likes