Psoc 4 BLE and cysmart dongle wont connect

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just getting started with a used Psoc 4 ble module. I have made a program and would like to send it to my ble module, but when I go to Debug>Program in PSoc creator 4.2, it cant seem to find my module. I have tried connecting it through BLE with the cysmart dongle, like shown in the quick start guide, and just simply using a usb cable, but neither seem to work. Please help!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello Luke,

We cannot program via dongle over BLE. We have to program our module via USB only.

Thanks,

PSYU.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Yugandhar

Hello Luke,

Please verify whether the kit which you are using and the kit you are selected in the project are same. If not please go to "Project" in PSoC Creator click on  "Device Selector" and select proper kit.

Thanks,

PSYU.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have chosen the CY8C4247LQI in the device selector, as that is what it says on my module, but when I go to program it, the only device that appears is a different one, what seems to be the dongle. If I try to program it to that, I get the error:

"The selected debug target 'CYBL10162-56LQXI' is not compatible with the project's selected device 'CY8C4248LQI-BL583'."

Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
Yugandhar

Hello Luke,

You can't program the project in USB Dongle CYBL10162-56LQXI. Please verify the module which you had and the module which you are selected in the project are same.

Your project selected device is CY8C4248LQI-BL583 but your module is different please select the same module in the Device Selector.

Thanks,

PSYU.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I realize that I cannot program the dongle, I was under the impression that I could program my CY8C4248LQI-BL583 chip via the dongle over BLE. Is this correct, or is the only way to program it via USB?

0 Likes
Yugandhar

Hello Luke,

We cannot program via dongle over BLE. We have to program our module via USB only.

Thanks,

PSYU.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That would explain why its not working! I think my other problem may be that my USB cable is power only, and is not a data cable. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
Yugandhar

After programming into the module only actual BLE communication takes place. Before that it is not possible because we are going to enable the BLE communication in the firmware.

Thanks,

PSYU.

0 Likes