5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2018 5:33 AM by rroy

How to install WICED Studio on Mac

weston.spalding_3539371

I am having issues installing WICED Studio on my Mac. I have followed the extra steps outlined here: WICED-Studio-6.2.1 (OSX) . Everything seems to go normally but once the installer has completed and I try to open the application I receive a warning: Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 8.54.20 AM.png

I have attached the log file but an excerpt is shown below.

`

!ENTRY org.eclipse.cdt.autotools.core 4 0 2018-07-09 08:46:30.336

!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR

!STACK 0

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.cdt.autotools.core [43]

Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core; bundle-version="5.0.100"

-> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core; bundle-version="8.3.0.201502131403"; singleton:="true"

org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core [78]

Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.cdt.core; bundle-version="[5.0.0,6.0.0)"

-> Bundle-SymbolicName: org.eclipse.cdt.core; bundle-version="5.9.1.201502131403"; singleton:="true"

org.eclipse.cdt.core [53]

Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=1.7))"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1561)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1533)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1476)

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:340)

`

My guess is it was a Java version mismatch, but I've since tried with Java versions 9, 8, and 7 with the exact same result. The macOS version I am using is 10.12.6.

I've tried version 6.2.1 and 6.1.0 again with the same results. I'm kind of at a loss of what to try next.