How can I set a pin high at the same time UART pin goes low to send data?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was working getting getting what i call a Load pin to toggle properly in an application I am trying to do with sending data out a UART.  I was able to get my load pin to toggle off properly with a UART completion of data interrupt.  Now I need the Load pin to go Hi at the falling edge of the UART sending data.  I tried to attach an input pin to the TX pin of the UART and sense a falling edge but I get errors when i try to do this in Creator.  Does anyone know how I can do such a task.  I would like the pin to be in sync with the TX pin going low ... and the load pin going hi at same time.

Scott

0 Likes
1 Solution
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

You can do what you are trying if you use an UDB implementation of the UART. If using the SCB block, no connections to the RX/TX lines are allowed.

If you need to use the SCB block, what you can do is to short the TX pin to a second pin externally, and then add your logic around this second pin.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

You can do what you are trying if you use an UDB implementation of the UART. If using the SCB block, no connections to the RX/TX lines are allowed.

If you need to use the SCB block, what you can do is to short the TX pin to a second pin externally, and then add your logic around this second pin.

0 Likes