-Could you please let us know what the VID/PID of the device is when it appears in the device manager after programming?
-Please make sure that the VID/PID in the firmware is same as the one in your .inf file. Could you try loading a different firmware and see if the error still occurs?
- Please also mention the version of the driver and Control Center you are using.
Thanks for your reply.
1. I modified the .inf file and add custom VID/PID as this:
VID_04B4&PID_8613 is the default code, and VID_04B4&PID_8666 is the custom I added to .inf file.
But both of VID/PID code pair do not work after programming. (can recognized by device manager but not by control center.)
2. I changed the VID/PID in firmware bulkloop and re-build the project to create updated hex/iic file like this:
so the VID/PID was the same as that in .inf file.
Also I tried the CyStream firmware, but got the same error.
3. I am using the driver of version 22.214.171.124 modified from C:\Cypress\USB\CY3684_EZ-USB_FX2LP_DVK\1.1\Drivers\Win7\x64. (I am using win10)
and the control center version info is:
Assembly: CyControl (126.96.36.199)
Assembly: CyUSB (188.8.131.52)
I found some different drivers on cypress web, the version number is the same 184.108.40.206, but the .inf is different. Is there any difference in nature of these drivers except the VID/PID/Desc pairs?
Does Cypress provide driver for Win10?
4. The only case I found works is the VID/PID like this (with bulkloop and CyStream firmware):
one odd phenomenon is the device can be recognized by control center this time, but the PID in control center is not correct.
PID is recognized as 2222 but is 1111 actually in firmware, while the device_desc is correct.
Thanks in advance.
Hello Zheng Rong,
- Cypress does provide drivers for Win 10. Kindly, refer to the FX3 SDK from the below page. Upon installation of the FX3 SDK, the following path contains the driver for Win 10.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.3\driver\bin\Win10
- Kindly, update the driver to version 220.127.116.11 and let me know if the problem still persists.
- Also, please let me know if you are using the CY3684 DVK board or your own custom board. In case you are using custom board, kindly, test it using bulksrc example firmware and not the Bulkloop or CYStream firmware.
Thank you very much for your help.
- Now I am using driver of version 1.2 3.20 and firmware bulksrc example, and everything works well. And yes, I am using custom board. :-)
- I am a little curious about, Why doesn't the bulkloop or cyStream works with custom board? I am developing a USB camera with CY7C68013A (GPIF mode), do you think Bulksrc example is a good start point (or reference) to do that?
- By the way, does Cypress provide driver/SDK for FX2LP development in Linux?
Hello Zheng Rong,
Please refer to the below doc.
Kindly, refer to the below App Note for GPIF based implementation. This can serve as a starting point for your application.
The FX3 SDK for Linux can be used for the FX2LP device also.
Got it. Thanks a lot.