Where is CY4541 firmware source code

Announcements

Live Webinar: USB-C adoption. Simple & Cost-efficient solutions | April 18th @9am or 5pm CEST. Register now !

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WiCh_3149431
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

CCGx SDK only mentioned to support   CCG3PA, where I can find CY4541   source code?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RajathB_01
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello William Chen,

Please check the SDK you are using. 'CCGx Power SDK' supports only CCG3PA. The 'CCGx SDK' supports CCG2, CCG3 and CCG4.

The device on CY4541 is a CYPD4225-40LQXI. The CCGx SDK contains the firmware, PSoC creator projects and source codes for this.

Download CCGx SDK here and please search under "EZ-PD CCGx SDK\CCG3-CCG4\Firmware"

You can find all other CY4541 related files here​​​.

Regards,

Rajath

View solution in original post

11 Replies
RajathB_01

Hello William Chen,

Please check the SDK you are using. 'CCGx Power SDK' supports only CCG3PA. The 'CCGx SDK' supports CCG2, CCG3 and CCG4.

The device on CY4541 is a CYPD4225-40LQXI. The CCGx SDK contains the firmware, PSoC creator projects and source codes for this.

Download CCGx SDK here and please search under "EZ-PD CCGx SDK\CCG3-CCG4\Firmware"

You can find all other CY4541 related files here​​​.

Regards,

Rajath

I download the CCGx 3.0.1 and got the CY4541 firmware source code and update to newest version, I tried to compile the CY4541 firmware (CYPD4225-40LQXI_notebook), but there are 2 error, the error messages are relative to cm0gcc.id and arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe files, I check the files, cm0gcc.id file is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.2\PSoC Creator\psoc\content\CyComponentLibrary\CyComponentLibrary.cylib\cy_boot_v5_70\PSoC4\API, arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe file is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\PSoC Creator\4.2\PSoC Creator\import\gnu\arm\5.4.1\bin, please help me to fix problem, thanks.

CYPD4225-40LQXI_notebook compile error.jpg

0 Likes

Hi William,

I see that you are using PSoC Creator 4.2 - unfortunately the EZ-PD CCGx SDK requires the older versions - before PSoC Creator 4.0 to work out of the box. Alternatively, you can rename the linker file manually to get this working with 4.0 or above.

I would like to direct you to a KBA on the forum that discusses about this - CCG3 and CCG4 Projects Build Issue in SDK 3.0.1 - KBA218941

Best regards,

Rajath

0 Likes

The KBA218941 fix the cm0g_1.ld error, still has arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe error, how to fix it.
CYPD4225-40LQXI_notebook compile error-1.jpg

0 Likes

I install the PSoC Creator 3.3 DP1 to compile it, there are 3 errors, how to fix them.

CYPD4225-40LQXI_notebook compile 3 error.jpg

0 Likes

Hello William,

Can you please go to Project > Update components and then try rebuilding to see if it works?

Regards,

Rajath

0 Likes

It was already most update components, still has arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe error on PSoC Creator 4.2, please help to fix this problem. Rajath, did you compile with PSoC Creator 4.2 on your side and no error?

0 Likes

Chen,

I am able to successfully compile using creator 3.3

Creator 4.2 should also work if the steps are followed as in the KBA, but it is not a guaranteed fix.

For the time being I recommend using 3.3 for all CCG SDK's.

Regards,

Rajath

0 Likes
RajathB_01

Dear William Chen,

Looking at the errors you have sent on the PSoC Creator 3.3, I think this will be more effectively handled by the PSoC team.

Can you please create a thread in the PSoC Software forum and post the issue there? After you create the thread, post a link to it here so that I can follow up and help you out on anything.

Thanks,

Rajath

0 Likes

I rebuilt with PSoC Creator 3.3 DP1 and already successed.

0 Likes

Good. If any guaranteed fix is brought to 4.2, the KBA will be updated.

Can you specify what was the issue in 3.3 that was causing this or what resolved the issue, so that the community is informed of it?

Regards,

Rajath

0 Likes