Condition Enable Schematic Component

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understand when using a Bootloadable component we cannot do debug (tabs grayed out). Simple fix is disable component.

Is there a way to include a boolean operator in the Built-In>Settings>Disable tab to do this on build settings? Such as if we are in Debug mode disable the bootloadable, and in Release mode enable? Just worried when we go to deploy we will forget to include the bootloader. Thanks - CB

0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Hello Clint,

CY_REMOVE is internally used by the PSoC Creator on elaboration stage, before the compilation step. This define [in C#] is not accessible to source code. Hence, there is no option to give this via build settings. For debugging bootloadable project, please enable or disable the bootloadable component in TopDesign.

Best Regards,

Geona Mary

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

I believe that Buil-in->CY_REMOVE->True will disable the component.

/odissey1

0 Likes
GeonaP_26

Hello Clint,

CY_REMOVE is internally used by the PSoC Creator on elaboration stage, before the compilation step. This define [in C#] is not accessible to source code. Hence, there is no option to give this via build settings. For debugging bootloadable project, please enable or disable the bootloadable component in TopDesign.

Best Regards,

Geona Mary

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

G just to be clear I am not looking do anything with CY_REMOVE and unsure why people are focused on this.I have no idea where CY_REMOVE is even used or what it is used for.

I am looking to use the build setting at the red arrow

pastedImage_0.png

to affect this setting (pre compilation)

pastedImage_1.png

Through this boolean equation accessed

pastedImage_2.png

when I click on the f(x) to disable the bootloadable component like this

pastedImage_3.png

0 Likes
GeonaP_26

Hello Clint,

CY_REMOVE is the parameter name of Disable setting shared in your screenshot. Please make use of appended screen shot.CY_REMOVE.png

Best Regards,

Geona Mary

0 Likes