PSoC Creator Crashing

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I am using PSoC Creator and Scroll the program will abruptly quit. It will also happen sometimes when I click on tabs. I haven't had this happen on any other program that I am running. This is also recent like just this week. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it seemed to work for a few hours fine then it started closing again with no error message or anything. Thoughts?

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

This issue has been answered on other threads, links provided below:
1) PSoC Creator 4.0 Slow, Crashing

2) PSoc Creator 4.0 freezes several times also at the 4th PCs

Refer these threads to solve your issue.

This might also be .NET Framework version incompatibility issue. Go over to https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/2698555/microsoft-net-framework-repair-tool-is-available and use the Microsoft .NET Recovery tool.

If none of the above solves your issue, do let me know your system configurations and also check the memory usage when both Creator and Visual Studio are running simultaneously.

Thank you.

Regards,

Dheeraj D Kamath

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Which OS do you have in your system.

Can you check which version of .NET framework do you have .

Creator needs .NET framework ver4.0 and above

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using windows 10. I am also using .Net 4.6.2 (Latest).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have noticed that PSoC creator only crashes when I am using Visual Studio as well. I am not sure why that is but I think it is an indication that PSoC creator its self is fine. 

0 Likes
JuMu_2531406
Level 1
Level 1

I also experience the exact same problem, and I also only experience it while Visual Studio is open.

It is especially more irritable while I run a debug session with visual studio...

My coworkers and I (Five of us) have had this problem for the last 6 months. Drives us crazy!

0 Likes
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

This issue has been answered on other threads, links provided below:
1) PSoC Creator 4.0 Slow, Crashing

2) PSoc Creator 4.0 freezes several times also at the 4th PCs

Refer these threads to solve your issue.

This might also be .NET Framework version incompatibility issue. Go over to https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/2698555/microsoft-net-framework-repair-tool-is-available and use the Microsoft .NET Recovery tool.

If none of the above solves your issue, do let me know your system configurations and also check the memory usage when both Creator and Visual Studio are running simultaneously.

Thank you.

Regards,

Dheeraj D Kamath

0 Likes