Cy_BLE_Start returns CY_BLE_ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnCi_2234676
Level 4
Level 4
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 10 questions asked

I am trying to use the LL Privacy feature with my project and since I only expect to connect to 1 device at a time, I set the Resolve List size to 1. Then, when debugging, I noticed that Cy_BLE_Start(StackEventHandler) was returning CY_BLE_ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER.

If I change the Resolve list size to 2 or higher, I don't get the issue. The datasheet of the BLE component clearly state that the valid values for the Resolve List size are from 1 to 16. Is this an issue in the software or in the datasheet?

0 Likes
1 Solution
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

I was able to reproduce the issue in a very simple project. It seems like a bug in our stack code - I will raise a ticket and will let you know of the fix status once available.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

The error code CY_BLE_ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER returns on passing a NULL pointer to the function Cy_BLE_Start() when the BLE stack is not built in HCI mode.

This is quite strange!!

Not sure how it is affecting by the Resolving List entries.

Could you please attach your project ?

( Just Right Click on the Project Name -> Archive Workspace)

-Gyan

0 Likes
MeenakshiR_71
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

I was able to reproduce the issue in a very simple project. It seems like a bug in our stack code - I will raise a ticket and will let you know of the fix status once available.

Regards,

Meenakshi Sundaram R

0 Likes