How to resolve the build error "lto_wrapper failed" in PSoc Creator 4.2?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoLu_3455101
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given 5 solutions authored 25 replies posted

Hi,

I am building the "CYPD3125-40LQXI_notebook" sample project from the "CCGx EZ-PD SDK 3.0.2" package in PSoC Creator 4.2 with no modifications of my own. The build error: "lto-wrapper failed" keeps appearing.

After some googling, I found that this is a known issue after PSoC Creator was updated to a newer version, but no one posted a solution besides the suggestion of renaming cm0gcc_*.ld to cm0g_*.ld, which didn't work for me. I also tried deleting all the *.o object files and do a clean build, but same error comes up. I already updated the components in the sample project.

Does anyone know a solution? This is my first project in PSoC Creator.

Thanks,

Jon

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Jon,

Please kindly use PSoC Creator 3.3 DP1 for CCG2/CCG3/CCG4 project develop and building. Since there is pre-build lib in the project which is related with the version of gcc compiler. We will try to fix this in future. Kindly keep eyes on Cypress CCGx SDK update.

Best Regards,

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Roy_Liu
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hi Jon,

Please have a look at this Re: Compile error with Creator 4.1

lisz​ any news after that?

Thanks

Roy

Roy Liu
0 Likes
ShifangZ_26
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 1000 replies posted

Hi Jon,

Please kindly use PSoC Creator 3.3 DP1 for CCG2/CCG3/CCG4 project develop and building. Since there is pre-build lib in the project which is related with the version of gcc compiler. We will try to fix this in future. Kindly keep eyes on Cypress CCGx SDK update.

Best Regards,

Lisa

0 Likes

Ok, thanks for the update. I'll use the older version of PSoC Creator until an update in the software addresses the issue.

Jon

0 Likes