hello all,

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am interfacing RFID RC522 with psoc 4 kit using SPI protocol. I gone through some SPI master code an try to read RFID but confusion is like that In spi it uses SS pin but RC522 does not have SS pin and other thing is what about IRQ and Reset pins of RFID. How to connect this pins and what would be the code for that. I want ti print that Tag into Serial Monitor Please help me or provide example to implement this.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

SS is a method of using a few pins to designate which chip of multiple chips that the SPI is sending data to. If your RFID chip is always communicating/reading/writing based on the clock line, then the SS line is not needed.

You can manually control the Reset pin on a GPIO pin, and then just program the code to do what you want with it.

It sounds like this arduino example course: Arduino Playground - MFRC522

will have the information you are looking for. Try reading the information there, and see if you can't get it going

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have read this. And try to implement this. But what is state of reset pin when it is reading?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of chips use the reset as active-low; When the reset pin is pulled low, the chip resets. I suspect the reset pin is HIGH unless you run into errors/trouble, and then you can reset the chip to try to fix the issue.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried for both I2C and SPI..but none of them work for me.....For i2c i am using the code that is given in https://www.element14.com/community/thread/26606/l/psoc-4-pioneer-kit-community-project081-near-fiel...

0 Likes
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Did I2C or SPI get any ACK?

Is the issue caused by I2C/SPI communication failed, or some configurations are not suitable?

Thanks,

Ryan

0 Likes
RyanZhao
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

If you are using PSoC4 SCB SPI as a master, you could select '0' for number of SS.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried it by making number of slaves 0. but It did not work for us.

0 Likes