Minimizing CYBLE214009-00 BLE Broadcasting Time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All!

I am currently using CYBLE 214009-00 device and using it as a broadcaster. I am using the cycling sensor example project and have slightly modified it. I am using C# code written with the Cysmart API to receive packets. I am able to receive packets but to do so it requires that my CYBLE chip is on for at least ~600ms. I wanted to minimize this time, and I have set my minimum advertising interval to 20ms over 3 channels. Does anyone have any suggestions for minimizing this time?

Best,

Rohan

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try changing your CySmart API settings to have a longer scanning window, and shorter scanning interval, as both of those will increase the scanning duty cycle.

If you set the scanning window equal to the scanning interval, then you should get 100% coverage for scanning, which will see the advertisements within 40-60 ms.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response! We tried changing around the scanning interval and window in our cysmart API program but didn't get the 50-60ms goal. We were still arond ~550ms. I have attatched our Cysmart code and pictures of our CYBLE214009-00 settings.

0 Likes