2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2018 1:40 AM by dejan@dilogic.hr

Name of the connected device

dejan@dilogic.hr

I am wondering if this is possible:

- there are two CYBLE devices - one being Central and the other(s) are Pheripherals. Peripherals are of different types and differ by the name. Once a Peripheral is connected with the Central, is it possible for the Central to get Peripheral's name (so the Central knows which kind of a Peripheral is it connected with)? I know that this is (of course) possible during scanning phase, but I am not sure if this is possible after connection is established?

• 1. Re: Name of the connected device
          GyanC_36

Hello,

There is no application level API to read the peer connected device's name. However, there is API to read the peer connected device's address which is  CyBle_GapGetPeerBdAddr() and can be used to identify the peripheral device. Refer the BLE component datasheet for more details.

-> The indirect way to see the peer connected device' name could be - you can declare a custom characteristics and the device name can be written to it and on connection with a peer device ,you can read it.

-Gyan

• 2. Re: Name of the connected device
            dejan@dilogic.hr
              There is no application level API to read the peer connected device's name. However, there is API to read the peer connected device's address which is  CyBle_GapGetPeerBdAddr() and can be used to identify the peripheral device. Refer the BLE component datasheet for more details.

Yes, I supposed that fetching connected device's name is not possible.

-> The indirect way to see the peer connected device' name could be - you can declare a custom characteristics and the device name can be written to it and on connection with a peer device ,you can read it.

Sure, that's one of the ways to do it. Another way (which I finally choose) is to restrict address range for each device family and then use that info as a "selector". Thanks.