AT command in PRoC BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using a CYBLE-022001-00 chip and here is my application:

1. The BLE is configured in a Custom Profile Mode with GAP Role as both Central and Peripheral, and as GATT Client and Server.

2. One of its Services as a GAP Peripheral and GATT Server device is the HID Service functioning as both keyboard and mouse.

3. As a Central, it will, as one of its future integrations, continuously scan for beacons that are BLE Broadcasters.

Is "AT command" mode, just like in HC-05 Bluetooth modules, supported in this BLE chip that would allow me to still perform the same application stated above? Is this possible? I am also aware of the HCI mode in the BLE config settings. Would using HCI mode over UART allow me to perform the same application?

0 Likes
1 Solution
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

CYBLE-022001-00, does not have an implementation for AT commands like HC-05. However, we have one different platform which provides an easy-to-use method for accessing the most common hardware and communication features for BLE-based applications through the UART commands from the Host CPU.

Please refer the below link for more details.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-serial-ez-ble-module-firmware-platform

-Gyan

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GyanC_36
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hello,

CYBLE-022001-00, does not have an implementation for AT commands like HC-05. However, we have one different platform which provides an easy-to-use method for accessing the most common hardware and communication features for BLE-based applications through the UART commands from the Host CPU.

Please refer the below link for more details.

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/ez-serial-ez-ble-module-firmware-platform

-Gyan