CySmart dongle C# API Paring BLE device working in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
masac_1860766
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am using C# api's along with CySmart 4.2 BLE dongle. I am able to Pair Our BLE Sensor using Pair api as follows:

CyApiErr err1 = m_peerDevice.Pair(new CyPairSettings(CySecurityLevel.AUTHENTICATED_PAIRING_WITH_ENCRYPTION, true, 16, CyPairingProperties.USE_KEYPRESS_NOTIFICATION));

this things are working fine in windows 7 but the same settings are  giving error BLE_ERROR_GATT_INSUFFICIENT_ENCRYPTION on  Windows 10.

Again in CySmart desktop application (comes with cypress dongle driver) it is working fine on both Windows 7 & 10.

This is strange but its true. Is there any restriction on windows 10 which blocking something.

Please provide some help.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This is strange.The encryption requirement should have nothing to do with the OS.

Can you please attach the project here along with the steps to reproduce?

Regards,

-Madhu

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Encryption routines are sensitive to variable types/declaration differences on OS. It could be that one of these changed in implementation betwen windows 7 and 10, thus causing the encryption library to fail due to variable size/type, leading to the error you are seeing.

0 Likes
masac_1860766
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everyone for your answers and suggestions. We have removed pairing from our device firmware, So now everything is working without pairing.

Now I am little busy, So I did not get time to look into this but surely I will look after this and will try your suggestions.

0 Likes