Olimex ARM-USB-TINY-H doesn't work on WICED-Studio-6.1.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JuMo_1762556
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

I am using WICED-Studio-6.1 on CYW943907AEVAL1F platform.

I can't succeed to download the image using by using Olimex_ARM-USB-TINY-H on WICED-Studio-6.1 (Windows10).

but WICED-Studio-6.0 can download successfully.

The failure OpenOCD log is as follows;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0+dev-00225-ga9a9861c (2018-02-06-09:36)

Licensed under GNU GPL v2

For bug reports, read

http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html

trst_and_srst separate srst_gates_jtag trst_push_pull srst_open_drain connect_deassert_srst

trst_and_srst separate srst_nogate trst_push_pull srst_open_drain connect_assert_srst

adapter speed: 100 kHz

adapter_nsrst_delay: 100

Info : auto-selecting first available session transport "jtag". To override use 'transport select <transport>'.

jtag_ntrst_delay: 100

post_init_psoc6_setup

Error: libusb_open() failed with LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED

Error: libusb_open() failed with LIBUSB_ERROR_ACCESS

Error: no device found

Error: unable to open ftdi device with vid 15ba, pid 002a, description 'Olimex OpenOCD JTAG ARM-USB-TINY-H', serial '*' at bus location '*'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Likes
4 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

What is the driver that you are using for Olimex_ARM-USB-TINY-H ? Please use the driver mentioned in 43xxx_Wi-Fi/tools/OpenOCD/Olimex_README.txt and also provide the error message that you are seeing. (download_dct error? )

Relevant help article: OpenOCD -WICED

0 Likes

Thank you for the answer.

Use driver is libusb-win32 Ver1.2.6.

Error message is as follows;

Building apps lookup table

WICED/platform/MCU/BCM4390x/BCM94390x_targets.mk:340: recipe for target 'download_dct' failed

make.exe[1]: *** [download_dct] Error 1

make.exe[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Makefile:349: recipe for target 'main_app' failed

make: *** [main_app] Error 2

0 Likes

I am assuming status of the SW4 is all ON and then also you are receiving this error? I tested with 6.1.0.85 SDK and I was able to download successfully without manually updating the driver. For your case, you can try updating the driver by choosing the option of search automatically for the updated software in your WINDOWS 10 PC and you should be able to download if you have followed all the steps correctly as mentioned in OpenOCD -WICED

Hi morise,

Did you resolve "download_dct" failed issue? Because I have met same issue with you, I'd like to ask how did you resolve this issue if you resolved? I also use "libusb-win32 ver 1.2.6" and SDK 6.1.0 or SDK 6.0.0 but it still doesn't work.

Test EVK is same with you(CYW943907AEVAL1F and Olimex ARM-USB-TINY-H). Could you give a guide?

Thanks,

Liam

0 Likes